Thank you for considering Twist Gallery as host to your upcoming exhibit! Whether this is your first, or one hundred and first show, we offer the same professional and hospitable treatment to each of our artists. Artists are welcome to exhibit solo or with a group. **Please note there is no change in fee for either option. You may find our guidelines and expectations below, so together we can deliver yet another successful exhibition within the Toronto community.
WHAT TO SUBMIT…
- Artist Resume and Cover Letter (with complete and accurate contact details).
- Statement of Intent (please describe why you would like to show your work at Twist and what is the intent of your show).
- Artist Bio (1 page maximum).
- Images (images may be sent via email to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org OR provided on CD/DVD. Files must be in JPEG or other standardized format with a resolution of greater than 300 dpi, and the name of the file must match the artwork).
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT… After reviewing the submission materials with accompanied images, Twist Gallery will determine if and when the artwork will be displayed.
**Please note that Twist Gallery will show art for a period of one month only and dates will be determined by Twist Gallery. If you have date preferences for your show, please indicate these in your submission materials.
ONCE YOUR WORK IS CHOSEN…Once we have decided to move forward with your show, we will request a meeting with the artist(s) and require the following:
- Twist Gallery MUST preview and approve ALL pieces of art a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the show.
- Twist Gallery requires that EVERY piece of art on display to be for sale.
- The artist must submit a Price List at least 2 weeks prior to the show.
- The artist must provide wall labels and hanging materials for their art.
- The artist must provide his/her own music for opening reception.
WHAT TWIST DOES FOR THE ARTIST…Upon receiving all the artist information and images, Twist Gallery’s Public Relations and Marketing Department will put together a mini advertising campaign for your exhibit. This campaign will include the following items:
- An Opening Reception (this will be dated within the first week of the show). The reception will run from 6pm – 9pm with a cash bar, appetizers and music.
- Flyers -If needed, the Twist Gallery’s in-house Graphic Design department will create the artist a flyer card based on the information and images received. **Both the artist and Twist Gallery are responsible for the distribution of these cards.
- Email Marketing - Twist Gallery will send out Email Blasts to the general public, other artists and galleries from our extensive mailing list to advertise both the show and the opening reception night.
- Press Release – Twist Gallery will send out a press release describing the intent and hook of the exhibition to an array of media contacts within the city. This will be sent out 2 weeks prior to the opening reception and this press release will also be followed up with a phone invite one week prior to the opening reception.
- Social Marketing – One month prior to the show, Twist Gallery will launch an online social media campaign. This will include frequent Twitter, Facebook and Flickr updates as well as constant blogging on the Twist Gallery Blog.
FEES, HIDDEN COSTS AND DEPOSITS…
- The cost for holding a one-month long exhibit at Twist Gallery is a flat fee of $2,000 plus HST.
- There are no hidden costs - $2,000 means $2,000!
- Twist Gallery requires a 50% deposit upon entering a contract and the remaining balance due a month prior to installation date.
- For any artwork that is sold, Twist Gallery collects a 35% commission.
Thank you for your interest in Twist Gallery. We look forward to hearing from you!